The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program is seeking a full-time Arts Integration Program Manager for its Art Education department, which serves over 1000 at-risk and adjudicated youth annually through out-of-school programming at 25+ sites across the city.
In 2012, the Art Education department began a new chapter, establishing multi-year arts integration partnerships with charter and public schools across the city. The Arts Integration Program Manager facilitates the development of each partnership and oversees the in-school and after school programming and professional development at each site. The ideal candidate will have a background in youth education, experience with arts integration, and strong facilitation and partnership-building skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Director of Art Education to develop the vision for and future direction of the existing arts integration program model.
- Facilitating the continuation and development of our arts integration partnerships at 5 or more charter and public school sites.
- Coordinating and facilitating planning meetings with artists, school staff and faculty on a regular basis.
- Organizing arts integration professional development for the faculty at each partnership site.
- Ensuring program quality at after school and in-school classrooms through regular site visits.
- Managing the budget and finances for each arts integration site.
- Collaborating on program-related marketing and public relations efforts with assistance from the Communications/Public Engagement department.
- Assisting with documentation and evaluation of program, ensuring the program is managed consistently in alignment with grant requirements, and working with the Development department on interim and final reports and funder site visits.
- Four-year degree in arts administration, art education or equivalent experience and knowledge. Advanced degree preferred.
- A knowledge and background in arts integration practices and research.
- A knowledge and background in public, contemporary art, and/or muralism preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with youth in communities of color and underserved populations in an in-school and/or out-of-school setting, including development of project-based curriculum and lesson plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong supervisory and public presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, problem-solve, manage multiple tasks, and respond quickly to requests.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships in multiple communities and contexts.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, data management, web/internet utilization. Graphic software experience a plus.
- Update-to-date Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal clearances.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to work flexible hours, such as evenings or weekends.
Competitive compensation, including health and dental benefits.
Submit a cover letter (with salary request and names of 3 references) and a resume to email@example.com with “Arts Integration Program Manager” as the subject line. Deadline to apply: November 21, 2014. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.