The Senior Accountant is responsible for all accounting details leading up to the month-end financial close and supervises the Finance Coordinator, Finance and Admin Specialist, and Accounting and Benefits Specialist positions.
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis to Vice President of Finance
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and reconciliations for month closing to close books in a timely manner
- Oversee the cash receipts, accounts payable and payroll functions
- Responsible for Cash Management and ensuring that all restricted funds are ‘earmarked” and allocated correctly.
- Responsible for monthly grant tracking and preparation of monthly grant analysis
- Supervises grant reimbursement invoices and funder financial reports as required
- Assistance with annual audit and budget preparation
- Responsible for all balance sheet analyses and/or reconciliations
- Responsible for all project analyses which involves tracking of all projects to funders and ensuring restricted funds are correctly allocated
- Responsible for monthly project management meetings to assist mangers with their understanding of budget vs. actuals
- Responsible for tracking Revenue against budget and following up with Development on any issues with funding
- Responsible for maintaining a Government/Grants contracts database ensuring proper tracking against conformed/approved budgets
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- Five years of experience in non-profit accounting
- Blackbaud Financial Edge experience a plus
- Auditing skills with the ability to research and reconcile complicated accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Salary: Competitive compensation, including health and dental benefits.
For further information on the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, please visit www.muralarts.org.
Please provide cover letter with salary requirements, resume and references by January 9th to email@example.com