The Manager for Individual and Corporate Giving will help diversify Mural Arts’ base of support by increasing the size and number of gifts made by individuals and corporations. This position is full time and reports to Mural Arts’ Director of Development. The successful candidate will also work closely with a Major Gifts Consultant, the Executive Director, and Board and Advisory Council leadership.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping to develop and execute our annual campaign and targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Proposing giving levels and benefits for individuals and corporations.
- Collaborating with our marketing and design teams to develop written and graphic materials to support fundraising outreach.
- Editing and personalizing written acknowledgment, conducting phone outreach, and ensuring that donors’ expectations are being met.
- Meeting with mid-level donors to assess their interest in increased involvement.
- Testing interventions for increasing donor response and helping analyze results.
- Evaluating the success of individual giving campaigns and assisting in strategizing future campaigns.
- Supporting donor-oriented events designed to draw people closer to the work of the organization, including:
- Small events such as private receptions hosted in donors’ homes, at partner sites, or at Mural Arts’ facilities. Specific tasks include guest recruitment and outreach, developing the content for the events’ programs, working with a consulting event manager to ensure success.
- Wall Ball, our fundraiser for 650 guests. Provide support to the Wall Ball Committee, manage sponsor outreach and response, and support a consulting event planner.
- Stewarding/cultivating an assigned portfolio of key individual and corporate stakeholders.
- Working with Director of Development and Major Gifts Consultant to research donor interests and craft a series of stewardship actions for each donor.
- Work closely with influencers on the board and advisory council to maximize outreach.
- Liaise with Manager for Institutional Relations to ensure that family foundations are stewarded properly.
- Conducting routine prospect research on individuals and corporate prospects.
- Helping to develop public art projects and/or events requested by corporations, in collaboration with artistic staff.
- Representing Mural Arts at public events.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in individual giving.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia arts and culture landscape preferred.
- Experience managing donor events preferred.
- More than five years experience in the field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please provide a resume and cover letter addressed to Caitlin Butler, Director of Development, at email@example.com. Please state salary requirements in your cover letter. Candidates who advance in our selection process will be asked to submit writing samples. Deadline: 6/30/15